BOOKS ARE JUDGED BY THEIR COVERS
WHAT AN UNTANGLED WEB I WEAVE TO HELP YOUR MESSAGE JUMP OFF THE SCREEN
EASY TO MANAGE
WEB DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT & DEPLOYMENT
I’ll give you a website in as little as 3 weeks.
Regardless of what type of site I build for you, I focus on the user – your audience
There’s a careful balance designers have to keep in mind when creating websites. It’s a seesaw game of function and art, with the end result hopefully being a happy marriage between the two. Some sites are gorgeous, but are impossible to navigate through. Others look like a page out of the phonebook but are outlined in a way that you can find what you came there for.
Neither of these styles of websites do what they’re supposed to do, which is why I make it my mission to find balance between art and function.
A web designer is artist, coder and marketer.
That doesn’t mean he has to do it all; but he has to be able to provide you with a little bit of everything, so that your website looks and runs its best when it’s go-time.
Of course design is mostly concerned with appearance. Your website shouldn’t look like a site from the 1990s. That being said, it shouldn’t boast all the latest bells and whistles just because it can. What it should do is grab the attention of your audience and convey your message.
This is what to expect if we work together
1. We agree to a contract and you provide 25% of the project’s cost, thus guaranteeing your spot in my design calendar.
2. I usually schedule project starts for Mondays (makes sense, right?). If you provide a design, I’ll have an initial site for you within 15 business days for revision.
3. If you hire me to design & develop your site, I’ll take these first three weeks to create mockups for you to approve. Once approved, I’ll get to designing version 1 for your approval.
4. We’ll continue to tweak and refine your site, as you (or I) begin to add web content. This can take as long as you need, all while your site will remain on my server.
5. Feel free to use my hosting space to even get familiar with your site’s structure – prior to launch – as well. While I do provide you tutorials on your specific site, you can also request additional, and more intensive, WordPress tutorials.
6. Ready to launch? Great! As part as our agreed-upon package, I’ll migrate your site to your desired location(s). This includes providing you a “test site” on your own host (a copy of your site).
7. I offer 30 days of full site support following your launch. This does not include design/content changes. Support includes functionality issues and site issues.
8. You absolutely must create an ongoing backup/update schedule for your site (note, don’t ever make an update without backing up your site!). I offer this service as a monthly fee to clients.